Monday, April 19, 2010

I Am a Child of the 80s...

...so of course I was totally drawn to this kit! This month I get to work with designs by Spinky Dink Scraps...and I admit I've had my eye on this kit for a while now ;-) Isn't this just the cutest 80's retro kit!? And I have to say I had a lot of fun playing!



Here is the journal for this one...once I got reminiscing I couldn't stop!!!

I am a child of the 80's...I remember when Don Johnson was "cool." I owned a walkman. I still think Hulk Hogan is the best wrestler of all time. I remember and actually bought magazines with song lyrics. I owned a Swatch Watch. I will always be a Michael Jackson fan. My hair was a constant experiment and I didn't go a day without my Aqua-Net hairspray. I am still mad that Wham broke up. I've worn the collar up on my polo shirts. I always wanted to be on Star Search or Tiny Talent Time. I watched Mary Lou Retton win the gold. My first video game system was IntelliVision and I remember when Atari was state-of-the-art. I still remember the visions of the Challenger exploding. My Cabbage Patch doll's name was Gillian Olive and I had a Koosa named JuJu. I wore friendship pins on my sneakers. I tied the tongues down and had gigantic pink pom-poms on my roller skates. I still know all the words to "White Lines" but at the time had no clue what I was singing. I wore a feather roach clip in my hair because it was stylish and I had no idea what it was. "Where's the Beef" still makes me laugh. I remember when the sandwiches at McDonalds came in styrofoam boxes. I know how much voltage is in a lightning bolt (1.21 jigawats). I remember when the prizes were inside the cereal boxes. I still have my scratch-n-sniff sticker collection. I would tape songs off the radio by holding my tape player up to the speaker. I had to be home when the street lights came on. I've owned a pair of jelly shoes and put my hair in banana clips. I can still kick anyone's butt at Ms. Pac Man!



Here is the kit I used:



Don't forget to visit Spinky Dink Scraps' Store at Gotta Pixel to see all of her goodies!

Go to My Gallery for full credits and for a bigger look!

1 comment:

~BridgetL~ said...

I love your 80's page and the journaling brought back all sorts of memories. thanks for shairing. I need to go check out that kit now. :)

 
Bookmark and Share