Saturday, January 22, 2011

One Month


It's been one month since I lost my Mom...I miss her everyday.

Journal reads:
I can't believe it's been one month that you're gone. Everyday I struggle with not being able to pick up the phone and call you. It's amazing all the things you missed so far, little and big that I would have been rushing to the phone to tell you.

Joshua earned the Laker Jersey at hockey practice for the first time. I don't even think I told you about it, but it's the coach's old pee-wee jersey that he gives to the player who had the best practice that day and they get to wear it for the next practice. He was so excited!

Kayla had her Winter Showcase for dancing and Lori and I performed too. You would love her new dances this year. She is really doing well and has earned her spot front and center, especially in her hip-hop number. Our adult hip-hop number was awesome and Dad was in the front row crying and waving to us like he usually does. He's so proud.

Kayla made the breadcrumbs at Christmas this year. She was so happy that you took the time to show her how and was so proud of herself that she was able to make them. We deemed her "official holiday breadcrumb maker" from now on.

Joshua's poor little hockey team is still struggling. They went 0-3 at the tournament in Skaneateles. The coach has told us that he's not coaching the team next year, so we'll see what next season brings.

Your little granddaughter isn't a little girl anymore. She's grown up and has started her cycle. I fully expected her to call me in tears, but she was fine with it. I think I'm more of a basket-case than she is, she was most worried about saving her new jeans (which I did).

There are certainly a million little things I would have called you for. Even now when I take my lunch at work it's hard to believe and can't call just to chit-chat. I miss you everyday Mom. I know these thing aren't missed, you're watching over us and haven't missed anything really. We just miss you here to share them with.

~

I used some wonderful new products by ETC by Danyale...


Head on over to Danyale's Store at Gotta Pixel to check out all her goodies!

You can visit My Gallery for full credits and for a bigger peek!

No comments:

 
Bookmark and Share